Hupsekot Health Center
Hupsekot Health Centre is a public health center running by government. It provides minor health facility to people Hupsekot Rular Municipality. It is located in Jhyalbas village which is also a headquater of Hupsekot.
This health was providing health facilities only to the people of Deurali area and it’s name was Deurali Health Center. But since, the Hupsekot Rular Municiplity was introduced this health center has been upgraded and started providing health facilities to all the people Hupsekot.
As this is a health centre running by the government minor check and some medicines are free of cost. But the quality of health service they provide aren’t so good. People even visit other private clinics rather than visiting this public health center because people rearly rely on governmental service. Although I has been great support for the people under proverty line. It has been conducting several health campaing since its establishment which is really a good aspect of this health center.
Features of this health center :
– It has been running by the government.
– It provides the health service to the people for free of cost.
– It conducts regular health related campaings and programmes.
– If you have to buy some medicines or small medical equipments it is really cheap here.
– It is not revenue generating organization so it doesn’t focus on revenue.
Drawbacks of this health center :
– The quality of health service they provide is not relaible.
– The area is has been covering is really large so it is not easily accessable for all people.
– The center itself dosen’t looks to be cleaned enough.
– Lack of good infrastracture.
– The campaing they runs aren’t effective enough.
Campaings and programmes running by this health center :
– Health education program.
– Awareing people about the birth rate and how to control it.
– Encouraging people for the use of contraceptive divices to counter unhealthy sex.
– Conducting regular free health check up campaings.
Health sectcions :
The health center is divided into several health sections. All the section are in different rooms. All the health service realted to children is provided in Child Care Section. The service related to womens only diseases/health problems are offered in different section. Also major and minor health problems are further divided into different groups.
The infrastracture of Hupsekot Health Center isn’t so good. All the sections are are packed within a small building. Same building has been in use since its establishment. Before the population of people is not much due to which the infrastrcture for that time was enough. But now the population is really higher in compiration to past so, the infrastracture needs to be upgraded. But it is in the same condition which is not enough for the todays mass of the people.
Why the service is so poor :
The reason behind the health service provided by Hupsekot Health Center is so much poor because of these reason ;
– Even the health service provider working there have their own clinic so, rather than providing good service they refer people to their private clinic.
– Although it has been running by government, the government don’t focus on service and ignores it.
– The service provided get fixed salary from government either they do their job or not.
– Not good and enough infrastracture.
– The enough health equipments required aren’t being supplied by the government.
How to overcome the poor service :
– Government should focus more on locals’ health matter.
– Development of new infrastracture.
– Conducting more effective health campaings.
– Providing enough health equipments required, by the government.
Hupsekot Health Center is doing their job in providing health srevice to the people of Hupsekot Rular Municipality free of cost. But it need to be upgraded. Government should be more focused in health sector of its people.